Saturday 1 September 2007

My Bloody Valentine - Live In Japan 1991


With the exellent news that My Bloody Valentine will be returning next year with some live shows and apparently a brand new album (and it really does appear to be happening this time) I thought it would be good to remind ourselves how good they really were. There seems to be two types of My Bloody Valentine fan, those who prefer "Isn't Anything" and the sound around 1989 and those who believe "Loveless" was their defining moment. I'm definately in the latter category and remember being totally overawed by the band around 1990/91, well I was only a spotty seventeen year old and I had never heard anything like it. My only concern about the band re-forming is that if there is a new album it's going to be hyped up to hell and peoples expectations are going to be far more than any record could ever deliver, still be nice to see them back on stage again. I'm sure the sound will be fantastic.

This is a bootleg recorded in Osaka, Japan in November 1991 as part of the Loveless tour. The sound although not perfect is pretty good. I'm sure if the band can play like this then no-one will be dissapointed.


1. When You Sleep
2. Only Shallow
3. I Only Said
4. Slow
5. Nothing Much To Lose
6. Come In Alone
7. You Never Should
8. Honey Power
9. Soon
10. To Here Knows When
11. Sueisfine
12. Blown A Wish
13 - you made me realise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man!!

good work you do here....
nice music from heaven or hell... haha..

you know a band called Silvania??... they are peruvians like me... and they were amazing... now they have a techno pop band called Ciƫlo...

www.myspace.com/silvanias
www.myspace.com/cielocielo

by the way... I also did some music in the great 90's!!!!.... you can check out Avalonia... and if you like it, I can send you a track for this excellent site... of course, that band doesnt exist since a long time...

www.myspace.com/wildergonzalesprojects

there were lots of beautiful music coming out from Peru in the 90's, man..

well, my email and msn is: polyluna@hotmail.com

all the best,

Wilder.
www.peruavantgarde.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for the hookup!
listen to this band:
http://www.myspace.com/booandbootoo

Anonymous said...

have take a listen to that band Boo and Boo Too... but it is too indie for me... i prefer shoegazing or ethereal stuff.. or even Yo la Tengo...

cheers from north lima, peru

Wild3r.
www.peruavantgarde.blogspot.com